You Should Be Too.
- Reach new customers online
- Develop a social media strategy
- Search Engine Optimization support
- Create and configure your website or online store
- Streamline business processes using digital tools
Digital Economy Program
The Digital Economy Program is designed to help your small business expand online. This FREE program is funded by the Government of Alberta in conjunction with Business Link and Digital Main Street. It will be delivered by REDI and Community Futures Northwest Alberta in local municipalities - High Level, Rainbow Lake, La Crete, Zama City, Fort Vermilion and Paddle Prairie.
Eligible businesses can access two streams:
- ShopHERE Powered By Google – free 1-on-1 support to build and launch your online store. Access help directly through Digital Main Street.
...and right in your community you'll find:
- Local Digital Service Squad (DSS) – free 1-on-1 local assistance for digital strategy development and execution.
Here to Help
The Digital Service Squad program is FREE and will provide your small business with 1-on-1 local assistance. It includes training and advisory support towards digital strategy development, Google My Business assistance, social media posts, taking awesome pictures for your businesses, and more.
The DSS wants to help you grow YOUR digital skills – skills that are essential to succeed in today’s competitive environment.
The best part? You’ll receive help from those who understand your community. How does it work? Read on!
How It Works
Taking Your Business to the Next (Digital) Level
1. Check to ensure your business meets the eligibility requirements
2. Apply for program (this includes a short digital assessment) via our partner Digital Main Street or contact us for more information
Digital Service Squad
3. Once you have applied and are accepted, you will be put into the queue for a visit from our local Digital Support Squad (we anticipate an end of January 2022 start date)
4. When it's your turn, a local Digital Service Squad Team member will contact you to discuss your application and prioritize how they can help you with your digital capabilities
Connections & Resources
5. Additional training opportunities from Business Link and Digital Main Street will be offered
6. You will be connected with people in your community that can provide further local resources
Your business is registered in Alberta
You have 0-49 employees
You are not a non-profit, charitable trust or franchise business
Sign Me Up!
The first step is to get registered on our wait list with our project partner Digital Mainstreet. You'll be asked to create an account, enter your business information and complete a brief digital assessment - about 10 minutes of your time.
The Digital Squad should be able to book appointments by the end of January!