Digital Service Squad – Team Member
REDI / Community Futures is currently seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidates for the position of Digital Service Squad – Team Member. This is a unique opportunity to support the growth of one of the most innovative economic development programs in the province. The Digital Economy Program a collaboration by Business Link and Digital Main Street, is funded by the Government of Alberta.
As a member of the Digital Service Squad, you will be a key contributor to the success of the platform and the growth of the program as a whole. Currently, the Digital Service Squad is assigned to work remotely with local small businesses in High Level or La Crete and in the future will be required to travel independently throughout the REDI region.
The focus of the role is to work 1-on-1 with small businesses and provide the following services:
1. On-boarding Assistance
• Conduct pre-business digital assessment to best understand the neighbourhood and businesses.
• Work with the Program Administrator to set appointments to onboard small businesses to the platform.
• Walk-through the onboarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
• Assist the business in staying in touch with Business Link and Digital Main Street by subscribing to their e-newsletter and social channels.
2. Advisory Services
- Once the business has been on-boarded, the Team Member will walk through the Digital Assessment and Recommendations with the business owner.
- The Team Member will assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
- The Team Member will also review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead the business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform.
3. Activation/Implementation Services
- The Team Member will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools
- and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e.: activating social media accounts, creating an online business profile, etc.).
- The Team Member may also provide some resources (articles, links, how-to guides) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated, or subject matter of interest.
4. Reporting and Feedback
- Team Members must complete their field notes and report on a weekly basis to the Program Administrator.
- Team Members must attend team meetings as set out by the Program Administrator.
- Halfway through the employment term, an interim performance evaluation will occur to ensure fit.
- Team Members must ensure ALL DATA is accurately and completely entered within the Digital Main Street CRM (HubSpot) after each business interaction or on a daily basis.
The Team Member may be required to attend webinars, workshops and events related
to Business Link and Digital Main Street. The purpose of which is to communicate the benefits of the program to business owners and to onboard them to the platform. There may be other duties, as required, that will be discussed with the Team Member should they arise.
The Team members will have the opportunity to interface directly with the business support agencies and the Digital Main Street corporate partners. All successful candidates will receive training on the program and if applicable, from the corporate partners, prior to in-field deployment. Local health conditions allow the majority of time spent will be in the field working with businesses.
Qualified applicants will:
- Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment.
- Eventually be able to travel and work independently.
- Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g.: web, social media,
- Be able to use basic software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite
- (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Slack.
- Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset.
- Previous experience working with small businesses is considered an asset.
- A self-starter with strong analytical and creative tendencies’
- Must be coachable and open to learn new skills
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Andrew O’Rourke ( 780-926-0738)